Holiday cookies make perfect hostess or office gifts, and it’s always fun to have some around the house. (Not to mention, they’re Santa’s snack of choice.) So, Matchbook girls: it’s time to get baking! What are your favorite seasonal cookie recipes?
Headband, Kiel James Patrick ($32)
Winking sky cardigan, Anthropologie ($128)
Set of 40 recipe cards, Rifle Paper Company ($28)
Matchstick cords, J.Crew ($80)
Striped ballet flats, Repetto ($186)
Full apron with sash tie, Icemilk Aprons ($85)
Holiday cookie cutters, Williams-Sonoma ($8 each)
The Gourmet Cookie Book, Amazon ($12)
Ask a Matchbook girl for her favorite Sunday brunch spot, and she’s likely to reply “in which city?” As the keystone of her weekly social calendar, she’s been known to book weeks in advance :) Here are a few items to enjoy the occasion with whimsy and style:
1. Elsa Peretti Apple Earrings, Tiffany & Co., $220
2. Chicken Wood Board, Fishs Eddy, $40
3. Alexa Chung for Madewell Betty Tea Dress, Madewell, $188
4. Polka Dot Glasses Gift Box of 4, Fishs Eddy, $24
5. Paper Straws – Red Stripe Pack of 144, SendAToy.Com, $10
6. Tea & Crumpets, Essie, $8
7. Straw Leather Trim Clutch, My Label, £35
8. Closetoe Wedge Black, Marais USA, $115
9. Linen Modal Cardigan, L.L. Bean Signature, $69
These monogramed placemats and napkins from Julia B. have us smiling. The colorful borders are hand applique — isn’t that luxurious? We love the thought of investing in pieces you could someday pass on to your granddaughter and these lovely linens certainly fit the bill. The Matchbook girl…has great appreciation for the finer things in life :)
Our friends over at Kate Spade have just added their entire tabletop collection to their online boutique and the Matchbook girls are positively thrilled! We’re especially hankering after these beautifully illustrated tea cups with dainty 24k gold detail…aren’t they simply divine? This calls for tea time!
Do you have any Kate Spade dinnerware in your collection? Dying to hear which pattern…!