Looking for a small speaker for your iPhone or MP3 player? This handsome ceramic pig from West Elm give us a good giggle. Talk about form and function! He has an audio jack in place of a tail and would look rather dashing on my desk singing my favorite She & Him tunes. The icing on the cake? He can be monogrammed! Done and done.
As you may have gathered we’re big animal lovers in these parts and the silly canine pillows above won us over in a matter of seconds. We always find it hard to resist needlepoint, but include a pup in a bow tie and we’re sold. I’m personally leaning toward the regal “Terrier General” and his rich green-blue palette…you? :)
Do you love eBay as much as we do? Today you can find some of my top picks on The Inside Source along with a fun little interview. You’ll have to forgive me for the pug obsession – I’m well aware it’s a bit nutty! Many thanks to Emily for taking the time to chat with me – such an honor to be featured by a company I so admire. Tell us, what are your favorite eBay buys?
This morning we’re debating which of Kate Spade’s new Fox Chapel collection we love most! Inspired by the iconic military coat, we just adore their soft-to-the-touch italian felt and shiny gold plated buttons. I’m leaning toward the Renee at top (who doesn’t love camel for fall?), but the Shari and Charlie are a close tie in second. Just looking at them has me hankering for the holidays! Nutcracker, anyone…? :)
Oh my goodness, do we have some exclusive news for you! We’re absolutely delighted to announce that as of tomorrow, September 28, Kate Spade New York will be available on Rent The Runway! Hip hip hooray! This means that for 4 to 8 days you can rent their sparkly baubles, handbags, and party frocks for just 10 -15% of the retail price. Dresses will start as low as $50 and accessories will begin at a mere $20. The icing on the cake? To kick off the launch one lucky winner will receive a $1,200 Kate Spade New York gift card and you can enter here! The Matchbook girl…borrows a knock-em-dead dress for each holiday féte without breaking her budget!
We’re very big on the little things in life around here and these bear mittens are certainly a small accessory with big charm. We love that they’re handy — convert them from gloves to mittens and back again — and the football button is such a handsome touch. Can’t you see them on the subway? Sure to inspire some smiles…!
Ask a Matchbook girl for her favorite Sunday brunch spot, and she’s likely to reply “in which city?” As the keystone of her weekly social calendar, she’s been known to book weeks in advance :) Here are a few items to enjoy the occasion with whimsy and style:
1. Elsa Peretti Apple Earrings, Tiffany & Co., $220
2. Chicken Wood Board, Fishs Eddy, $40
3. Alexa Chung for Madewell Betty Tea Dress, Madewell, $188
4. Polka Dot Glasses Gift Box of 4, Fishs Eddy, $24
5. Paper Straws – Red Stripe Pack of 144, SendAToy.Com, $10
6. Tea & Crumpets, Essie, $8
7. Straw Leather Trim Clutch, My Label, £35
8. Closetoe Wedge Black, Marais USA, $115
9. Linen Modal Cardigan, L.L. Bean Signature, $69
The letterpress deluxe stationery sets from Sesame Letterpress exude charm and playful sophistication. Printed on lush card stock and paired with tissue lined envelopes – these vintage inspired silhouettes are simply impossible to resist! We say they’re the perfect gift for the Matchbook girls in you life, with holiday season right around the corner :)
With fall just around the corner we’re anxious to splurge on a new pair of autumn wellies. From leopard to plaid to quilted…how’s a girl to choose?! A selection of our very favorites:
2. Dolce & Gabbana Leopard Print PVC Wellington Boots, Net-A-Porter, $325
3. Lauren by Ralph Lauren Rosalyn II, Zappos, $75
4. Sperry Topsider in Grey Leopard, Zappos, $54
5. Burberry Check Rainboots, Zappos, $225
6. Chooka Posh Dot, Nordstrom, $32
7. Hunter Regent St. James in Dark Olive, Zappos, $195
8. Kelly Vintor by Tretorn in Charcoal Grey, Piperlime, $80
9. Le Chameau Vierzon Lady Rubber Rain Boot in Dark Green, Nordstrom, $170